Stand-offs offer an easy and professional way to hang a sign.
Using stand-offs to mount signs creates a great impression whether the signs are external or internal. Available in a range of finishes the stand-offs can complement or contrast with any internal or external colour or design scheme. Standard finishes include black, brass, polished and satin chrome.
What are stand-offs?
Standoffs are a hardware for hanging a rigid sign or panel through drilled holes. Standoffs attach the sign to a wall or upright surface with a gap between surface and sign that makes the latter stand proud and get noticed.
Why use stand-offs?
Standoffs are not the only way to attach a sign to a flat upright surface but they are one of the most durable and most attractive.
Choosing the correct standoff ensures they can support the weight of the sign firmly to a wall.
How to use a sign stand-offs
• Firstly, select the correct standoff. Most will have a minimum and maximum depth of panel or sign that they can support. In addition, the larger the sign the more supports you will need.
• Measure your sign or panel & mark the wall where the wall screws will go – use a spirit level to make sure the sign will be straight.
• Drill pilot holes where marked using a drill bit that’s slightly smaller than the width of the supplied wall screw.
• Take your standoff and unscrew the cap from the barrel.
• Screw the wall screw through the bottom of the barrel and into the pilot hole – do this for all 4 standoffs.
• Line up your signage with the 4 barrels on the wall so that the holes in your sign are right over the barrels.
• Screw the caps through the signage and into the barrels – this will secure the sign in place.
What material can stand-offs support?
There are a few sign materials where standoffs make a lot of sense and really add to the end result of the display.
Acrylic / Plastic