When it comes to recycling plastics the UK is behind most of Europe. Our specially commissioned White Paper explores the European picture and reveals that progress is being madebut still plenty to be done, especially here in the UK where 2/3 of plastic waste still goes to landfill. Our own environmental journey was inspired by a Marks and Spencer conference.
Notable achievements to date include:
- Improved segregation and recycling of waste within the business resulting in 30 tonnes of waste has been diverted from landfill in the past three years.
- Recycled foam now used in a number of products and specified wherever possible.
- 100% recycled material now used for products supplied to Land Rover.
- Accreditation to the Forest Stewardship Council standards which promotes responsible management of the world’s forests.
- Installation of new energy efficient production equipment and lighting that will reduce the emission of CO2 by 17 tonnes per annum.
- 40 tonnes of scrap material sent for recycling in the past year – mostly Acrylic but also includes HDPE / ABS / PETG / Styrene / Nylon
– and we have set ambitious targets that provide a model for similar organisations.
Please take time to read the attached White Paper Recycling Plastics. We’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences. Why not comment on our Facebook page or @WrightsGPX using #envirojourney