With hundreds of jewellery items and almost as many jewellery display products and display plinths means creating an effective – and cost-effective – display can be achieved by specialist and generalist retailers.
Here are some tips we have picked up over the year:
- Always make sure product is displayed with labels/boxes/tags facing the same direction.
- Ensure that all items are perfectly aligned or, if offset, ensure that it looks intentional!
- Symmetry is a great way of making your display look visually appealing and ordered. Make similar items match on opposite sides or similar colours etc.
- Make sure all jewellery is clean and shiny to show it off its best advantage.
- To increase add-on sales merchandise matching items adjacent to each other.
- Although time consuming – make sure all clasps, fittings etc are aligned or if displayed on cards, hidden by the card. You’ll be amazed how much neater your display will look.
- To create striking displays, make a feature of your bestselling line. Double or triple face it if possible. Bold fashionable colours or the new ‘must have’ item may be enough to entice a passing customer to purchase.
- Use all available ‘point of sale’ material to your advantage, although be careful not to let it detract from the impact of your display. Highlight promotions clearly to maximise sales.
- Build height and colour to your display using blocks and display plinths.
- Mannequins and some jewellery display stands can really help the customer visualise what the jewellery will look like when they wear it.
- Always adhere to colour or story ranges as it’ll really help your display look striking.
- Use your knowledge of colour theory to ensure that adjacent ranges of jewellery don’t clash. Avoid clashing colours and group together complementary colours. Again, display items and display plinths can add colour or a variety of finish to great effect.
As a leading point of sale display specialist we have lots of experience in helping maximise sales through great but cost-effective display. If you have any other jewellery display tips, we’d love to hear from you – either post a comment below or post a tip on the Wrights GPX Facebook page.
Remember to watch this space as we will be releasing a range of great blogs over the coming months. Our readers can also find our Wrights Plastics GPX Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/WrightsPlasticsGPX. For all the latest goings on, you can keep up-to-date with Wrights Plastics GPX on Twitter https://twitter.com/WrightsGPX. And we also now have an Wrights Plastics GPX Google+ page live at https://plus.google.com/u/0/117105393331417807514/posts.